Counseling for Low Self-Esteem
What can low self esteem look like? Here are some descriptions my clients have used.
See if they resonate with you.
- Prioritizing other's needs before your own
- Never feeling good enough
- People pleaser
- Thinking you are unworthy or underserving
- Avoid confrontation
- Uncomfortable accepting compliments
- Fear you are being judged
- Slouched shoulders
- Tend to overthink
- Procrastinate and believe you are lazy
- Make minimal eye contact
- Judge yourself harshly
- Worried about what people think of you
- Overly apologetic
- Think you are broken
- Difficulty standing up for yourself
- Believe that if people knew the real you they wouldn't like you
Low self-esteem can do so much damage. It comes from the belief that we are not good enough, not smart enough, not pretty enough, not successful enough, not educated enough,not outgoing enough,and I could go on.
No one ever has to actually say those phrases to you for you to make them your belief. Other people's actions (or lack of actions) or attitudes can make us feel bad about ourselves.
Does the thought of loving, or even liking, yourself seem impossible? Feeling like you are not good enough is no way to go through life. We only get one turn on this merry-go-round we call life, so make it one where you feel great about you.
But, if you are experiencing any of these symptoms there is HOPE! I can help you discover just how awesome you truly are.
Start by or....
If you are an introverted introvert and hate to talk on the phone (I totally get that),